Friday, January 12, 2007

Going to play on the island!!!

Caileigh and Effie at the Family Reunion

Joel walking the plank in Summerside

Nicholas milking the "Cows" Cow

Well there you have it! Tickets are booked! Jan 25th I will be in PEI! I can't stop smiling! As you can tell with the excessive exclamation marks I am very excited!!!!!!!!

I have to work every day before hand to get the time off, but I'll manage! Just to get there. Have you ever had a place... where you know you should be... that is home. Well PEI is that for me. Don't get me wrong... my home is in Ontario, with my immediate family, but if i could transplant them there... Until that day, I will have to make due with my yearly trips. But this year, I just couldn't wait that long. It's been a rough year. Too much going on, a lot of extenuating circumstances causing stress. It seems to have all come to a head and now it's time to start again. Back to school, back to the gym, time management, jobs, teaching, and most important my kids.

For most of my life I had my Nannie to talk to, to vent to, to just be there when I needed to her. She passed away in 1992, and I hadn't been back since until 2004. 12 years!!! Well since I've been back, I can't stay away. The reasons I stayed away before, are the reasons that keep pulling me back. Everywhere I looked before I could see my Nannie... hear her voice. Now, when I go, I have her sister, my Aunt Ethel, not to take my Nannie's place, but the connections the same. It's hard being so far away.

This summer was my best visit yet. My cousin Tracey and I reconnected after way too many years, and again... the connection is INSANE! ha ha ha I had been compiling information on our family tree... and My cousin Edwena took me all over showing me places that were important to all different members of our family. So much in fact that it was information overload... and I forget half of it! ha ha But I am looking forward to doing more research and providing my own children a sense of belonging... knowing where they came from!

Wow... what a babbling fool tonight! Feast or famine i guess! Minds just a racing, and I am typing as the thoughts fly.


No comments: